On November 17, Warsaw Photo Days festival organised by Warsaw division of the Association of Polish Artists Photographers ZPAF will open under the theme POST SOVIETICUS. Sixteen exhibitions presenting the works of forty two authors will be shown in Warsaw galleries.
The theme of this year’s edition of the festival has been formulated for the presented photographic projects to serve as an artistic reference to the history and modernity of the post-Soviet countries. The traces of the past in both the people and places turned out to be an interesting area for artistic expression, but also an opportunity to present important historical photographs depicting the shape of the past world.
The opening day will include a series of exhibitions in various locations in Warsaw, including:
- Country on the Rise. 1960-89 @ Stara ZPAF Gallery & Obok Gallery (8 Zamkowy Sq. Warsaw, Poland); opening at 6.00 PM
- Roadtrip @ Nowe Miejsce Gallery (51/2 Jerozolimskie Av., Warsaw, Poland), opening at 7.00 PM
- DEBUTS (edition 2017) @ Sinfonia Varsovia (272 Grochowska St., Warsaw, Poland); opening at 8.00 PM
The Open Programme exhibitions opening and announcement of the Grand Prix winner will take place @ Sinfonia Varsovia (272 Grochowska St., Warsaw, Poland) at 8.00 PM.
Open Programme exhibitions include:
- Alexander Anufriev (Russia) – New Moscow
- Andrei Liankevich (Belarus) – Goodbye, Motherland
- Andrei Nacu (Romania) – Encircled by the Motherland
- Doina – Domenica Cojocaru (Romania) – Remnants
- Irene Jonas (France) – The End of the Red Man
- Jovana Mladenovic (Serbia) – Monumental Fear
- Karol Pałka (Poland) – Building
- Kirk Ellingham (United Kingdom) – Georgian Stranger
- Lorraine Turci (France) – Pyramiden, Polar Epitaph of an Utopia
- Masha Svyatogor (Belarus) – Kurasoushchyna, My Love
- Tatyana Palyga (Russia) – Cherepovets
- Triin Kerge (Estonia) – Kodukoht (Place of Home)
- Urszula Janoszuk (Poland) – Vilnius Post Sovieticus: Autopresentation
- Valentyn Odnoviun (Lithuania) – Surveillance
Artist’s talks of photographers presented in pen Programme will take place on November 18 @ Stara Galeria ZPAF Gallery (8 Zamkowy Sq., Warsaw, Poland).
More details @ www.warsawphotodays.com
Warsaw Photo Days 2017
@ Warsaw (Poland)
November 17 – December 15, 2017
The 2017 Warsaw Photo Days festival is organised under doc! photo magazine patronage.