The third edition of the W Ramach Sopotu Festival of Photography will transform the seaside Sopot into a centre of Polish photography once again. Lovers of the art of photography will have an opportunity to see the effects of work of the festival residents – the leading Polish photographers. Artistic residences are typical of Sopot’s festival. The selection of impressive authors, expressing themselves in different kinds of photographic art lets gather enthusiasts of different interests around one event. To this year’s edition of the festival, its Art Director, Tomasz Bergmann, invited artists using different stylistic formula: documentarists who also know the language of abstraction as well as creative authors also expressing themselves in modern documentary forms: Kuba Dąbrowski, Zuza Krajewska, Adam Lach (doc! #18), Rafał Milach (doc! #19), Tadeusz Rolke (doc! #11) and Ilona Szwarc (doc! #7).
The title frames of the festival are taken from the literally meaning while the idea of the organisers expresses the concept from behind the world of limits. The total freedom of creativity, given to artists by the town, encourages to cross the frames. Sopot offers them its physical tissue and the photographs are allowed to use everything that is nonmaterial. According to the organisers, the cyclic formula of the festival will create a multidimensional portrait of the place as well as the changing reality.
The projects done in the frames of the artistic residences will be presented as the main exhibition of the festival (curator: Maja Kaszkur). The exhibition will be supported by many artist’s talks and workshops.
Further attractions of the 3rd edition of W Ramach Sopotu Festival of Photography are:
- Places. Reconstruction III, monographic exhibition of Tadeusz Rolke curated by Marek Grygiel;
- Single Shot, collective exhibition originally organised by the Fort Institute of Photography and curated by Krzysztof Miękus;
- Freefall, individual exhibition of Pszemek Dzienis originally organised by the Leica 6×7 Gallery Warsaw;
- DEBUTS (edition 2017), post-competition exhibition of the project organised by doc! photo magazine;
- outdoor exhibition of Łukasz Gawroński;
- project by students of the Gdańsk Academy of Fine Arts curated by Wojtek Wieteska;
- presentation of works by students of the Sopot School of Photography and Instagrammers.
W Ramach Sopotu Festival of Photography
@ Sopot (Poland)
September 8-10, 2017
The 3rd edition of the W Ramach Sopotu Festival of Photography is organised under doc! photo magazine patronage.