DEBUTS 2018 OPEN CALL!!!
If you are at least 18-year-old and no older than 35 (so you were born between January 1, 1983 and December 31, 2000), if you believe the photography is your passion/mission/hobby/love, if you perceive the world through the lens of your camera; if you consider yourself as a visual story-teller, then you should take part in the 5th edition of DEBUTS, the unique platform searching for the most talented emerging photographers!
DEBUTS 2018 is open for all emerging photographers around the world looking for international exposure. No matter if you are professional or amateur, no matter if you are a graduate of photo school or autodidact, no matter if you have years of experience or just started, your TALENT is the key factor here and DEBUTS is a perfect place for your photography.
Don’t wait too long! Submit up to 3 photographic projects (from 8 up to 15 images) now and let our jurors see them. If you are lucky, you will be among the best 20 most talented emerging photographers invited to the DEBUTS 2018 book and travelling exhibition shown exclusively during photographic events!
If you have any question or if you need additional information, contact us @ email@example.com
5 easy steps to participate in DEBUTS 2018:
- prepare your projects consisting of at least 8 and no more than 15 images (longer side: 1500 pix; format: *.jpg; no watermarks) named as follow: title of project_number of image with the project (eg. Colours of Life_01, Colours of Life_02 … Colours of Life_15)
- prepare their short descriptions (up to 1500 characters; in English)
- enter our submissions platform @ blowuppress.submittable.com/submit/107222/debuts-2018
- fill out the entry form (all fields are required)
- pay the entry fee of USD 30 (this allows you to submit up to 3 projects only) and… wait for the results.
Deadline for submissions: March 4, 2018 at 11.59 PM CET
DON’T WAIT TOO LONG AND SEND YOUR PORTFOLIO TODAY!
All submitted projects will be first verified and then evaluated by an international jury composed of:
Peter Bauza – based in Munich (Germany) and Buenos Aires (Argentina) | documentary photographer and visual story-teller often addressing contemporary social and geopolitical issues | his works have been exhibited internationally and published by Days Japan, The New York Times, Vanity Fair, Stern, Paris Match, Die Zeit and doc! photo magazine (doc! #38), among others | his awards portfolio includes World Press Photo, Visa d’or Feature Award, Days Japan Photojournalism Award, POYi Latin America, and Moscow International Foto Award, among others | author of a book Copacabana Palace (Baden: Edition Lammerhuber, 2016) | juror in DEBUTS (edition 2017) | www.peterbauza.com
Grzegorz Kosmala – based in Warsaw (Poland) | founder, publisher and editor-in-chief of doc! photo magazine, a quarterly mook dedicated to contemporary documentary photography | originator of the DEBUTS project | juror in international photo contests
Isabella van Merle – based in Amsterdam (the Netherlands) | head of Exhibitor Relations Unseen, the leading platform for contemporary photography | in charge of 53 galleries and their artist selection at Unseen Amsterdam
Sarker Protick – based in Dhaka (Bangladesh) | graduated from the Pathshala South Asian Media Institute | winner of the Prix Mark Grosset Internationales De Photographie, World Bank Art Programme and World Press Photo | has exhibited his photographs at various photo festivals, including Chobi Mela International Photography Festival, Noorderlicht Photo Festival, Photovisa Festival, Organ Vida Festival of Photography, Dhaka Art Summit, Tokyo Month of Photography and Festival of Promenades Photographiques | chosen by the British Journal of Photography as the ‘One to Watch’ | selected for the PDN’s 30 and for the 2014 World Press Photo – Joop Swart Masterclass | his photographs have been published in The New York Times, GEO, The New Yorker, National Geographic, Die Zeit, The Sunday Times, Wired and doc! photo magazine (doc! #25 & Fotofestiwal Łódź 2015 edition) | member of the Pathshala South Asian Media Institute photography faculty | represented by East Wing Gallery | www.sarkerprotick.com
If you have any additional question or if you need additional information, contact us @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- By submitting your projects, you declare you are the only owner of the works submitted. If the copyright belongs to a third party such as an agency, you declare you have the right to submit the work free of encumbrances or restrictions. If the photographs were commissioned for private and domestic purposes, you declare you have obtained permission to submit them. And in case your photographs include models and/or under-age, you declare you have obtained permission from those persons or their curators to submit them for the publication and that no additional releases are required in respect of names, trademarks, designs or works of art depicted in the work.
- In case of being invited to the DEBUTS 2018 publication, you authorise BLOW UP PRESS, publisher of the book, to publish your submitted photographs in DEBUTS 2018 as well as to use them to promote the contest, publication and the exhibitions in traditional and online media worldwide. Such free use shall only be solely and exclusively in connection with the contest, publication and the exhibitions and no longer than until the end of March 2019.
- Winners of previous editions of DEBUTS cannot take part in subsequent editions of the project.