DEBUTS 2018 WINNERS!!!
It is a pleasure to announce names of 20 photographers who have been recognised by the DEBUTS 2018 jury as the most talented emerging photographers of the year and invited to the book and travelling exhibition, shown exclusively during the photographic events.
The DEBUTS 2018 winners are (in alphabetical order):
- Kirsten Bitzer (USA)
- Michele Crameri (Switzerland)
- Ilaria Di Biagio (Italy)
- Ewa Doroszenko (Poland)
- Jean-Felix Fayolle (France)
- Jordan Gale (USA)
- Ilias Georgiadis (Greece)
- Mirek Kaźmierczak (Poland)
- Paweł Łączny (Poland)
- Raj Lalwani (India)
- Camille Leveque (France)
- Sergey Melnitchenko (Ukraine)
- Filippo Nicoletti (Italy)
- Valentyn Ondoviun (Lithuania)
- Anna Pfeiffer (Italy)
- Natalia Poniatowska (United Kingdom)
- Sergey Stroitelev (Russia)
- Gihan Tubbeh (Peru)
- Federico Vespignani (Italy)
- Adam Wilkoszarski (Poland)
The first public presentation of the winners and their projects will take place this June (more information to come).
DEBUTS 2018 JURY:
Peter Bauza – based in Munich (Germany) and Buenos Aires (Argentina) | documentary photographer and visual story-teller often addressing contemporary social and geopolitical issues | his works have been exhibited internationally and published by Days Japan, The New York Times, Vanity Fair, Stern, Paris Match, Die Zeit and doc! photo magazine (doc! #38), among others | his awards portfolio includes World Press Photo, Visa d’or Feature Award, Days Japan Photojournalism Award, POYi Latin America, and Moscow International Foto Award, among others | author of a book Copacabana Palace (Baden: Edition Lammerhuber, 2016) | juror in DEBUTS (edition 2017) | www.peterbauza.com
Grzegorz Kosmala – based in Warsaw (Poland) | founder, publisher and editor-in-chief of doc! photo magazine, a quarterly mook dedicated to contemporary documentary photography | originator of the DEBUTS project | juror in international photo contests
Isabella van Marle – based in Amsterdam (the Netherlands) | graduated from the University of Amsterdam’s Entrepreneurship & Management in the Creative Industries | head of Exhibitor Relations Unseen, the leading platform for contemporary photography | in charge of 53 galleries and their artist selection at Unseen Amsterdam
Sarker Protick – based in Dhaka (Bangladesh) | graduated from the Pathshala South Asian Media Institute | winner of the Prix Mark Grosset Internationales De Photographie, World Bank Art Programme and World Press Photo | has exhibited his photographs at various photo festivals, including Chobi Mela International Photography Festival, Noorderlicht Photo Festival, Photovisa Festival, Organ Vida Festival of Photography, Dhaka Art Summit, Tokyo Month of Photography and Festival of Promenades Photographiques | chosen by the British Journal of Photography as the ‘One to Watch’ | selected for the PDN’s 30 and for the 2014 World Press Photo – Joop Swart Masterclass | his photographs have been published in The New York Times, GEO, The New Yorker, National Geographic, Die Zeit, The Sunday Times, Wired and doc! photo magazine (doc! #25 & Fotofestiwal Łódź 2015 edition) | member of the Pathshala South Asian Media Institute photography faculty | represented by East Wing Gallery | www.sarkerprotick.com
Elviera Velghe – based in Antwerp (Belgium) | director of FoMu – FotoMuseum Antwerp | graduated from the University of Ghent’s Art History faculty | curator and coordinator of numerus photo exhibitions | author of articles about photography | member of jury and portfolio reviewer at Fotografiska Stockholm, Fotofever Festival Brussels, and PhotoEspaña, among others | married, two daughters
If you have any additional question or if you need additional information, contact us @ email@example.com.
- By submitting your projects, you declare you are the only owner of the works submitted. If the copyright belongs to a third party such as an agency, you declare you have the right to submit the work free of encumbrances or restrictions. If the photographs were commissioned for private and domestic purposes, you declare you have obtained permission to submit them. And in case your photographs include models and/or under-age, you declare you have obtained permission from those persons or their curators to submit them for the publication and that no additional releases are required in respect of names, trademarks, designs or works of art depicted in the work.
- In case of being invited to the DEBUTS 2018 publication, you authorise BLOW UP PRESS, publisher of the book, to publish your submitted photographs in DEBUTS 2018 as well as to use them to promote the contest, publication and the exhibitions in traditional and online media worldwide. Such free use shall only be solely and exclusively in connection with the contest, publication and the exhibitions and no longer than until the end of March 2019.
- Winners of previous editions of DEBUTS cannot take part in subsequent editions of the project.